Stokes Sounds Off: General Women's Meeting Prediction Results

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Sunday, March 27, 2016

General Women's Meeting Prediction Results

Hello, friends and readers! Wasn't that Women's Meeting last night beautiful? I loved each one of the talks. Though they were all directed to women, young women, and girls age 8 and above, I found little gems in each talk that I could use for my betterment. It was interesting to see that Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, Elder D. Todd Christofferson, and Elder Ronald A. Rasband of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and Presiding Bishop Gerald Causse were seated on the rostrum. It used to be (before they change procedure and decided to include this as a general conference session) that only one or two apostles were on the rostrum with the Presiding Bishop, because those men all had roles in advising the auxiliaries. I guess now with the callings of Elders Rasband, Stevenson and Renlund, they have switched up a few assignments and divvied them up a little more evenly among the quorum that is now at its full strength. It was good to see the First Presidency there, though, as it's been for a while, President Monson looked very ill last night. The messages, videos, music, and prayers were all very inspiring. I learned a lot and felt like I can become a better man because of the things I heard and saw.

That being said, how did my predictions pan out for this session? Well, I accurately predicted that Sister Wixom would conduct the meeting, and I did identify correctly all who would speak, but except for President Henry B. Eyring, I had the speakers in the wrong order. Instead of the speaking order being Burton, Esplin, and Marriott as I surmised it would be, the order was instead Esplin, Marriott, and Burton. However, based on the "points system" I use, I was still at 80% accuracy for my Women's Session predictions, which is pretty good, now that I think about it.

So, now we wait to see how the rest of my predictions will pan out. Before closing this post, I wanted to let you all know that there was some unintentional duplication on my part in some of my picks for temples that may be announced in the near future. Kind comments on this blog have pointed to some of the flaws in the research I have done. I appreciate the feedback and will work hard to take it under advisement.

One kind comment on this blog alerted me to the fact that some of my readers have found my predictions hard to follow, and the preference seems to be that, in future, I split the different types of General Conference predictions into several smaller posts. I will have to give that very careful consideration. Having them all in one post seems to be tidier and not clutter up the blog with several posts about one topic: general conference. However, as the kind suggestion was made, I thought I would bring that up here and get some kind of consensus from you, my readers, as to what I should do with future predictions. I like combining them for my use, but it would be no trouble to do additional posts. Food for thought. What say you? Thanks.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.