Stokes Sounds Off: Further Progress Made on the Concepcion Chile Temple

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Further Progress Made on the Concepcion Chile Temple

Late last night and again this afternoon, in checking the LDS Church Temples website, I was elated to discover that further progress has been made on the Concepcion Chile Temple beyond what I had reported yesterday.

Yesterday, I noted that the steeple framework was being installed. That installation has finished. Additionally, walls have been poured for the guardhouse and they are working on paving the main entrance.

As I noted yesterday, it is wonderful to see such stunning progress happening in temple construction. This will always be special to me not only because of my six-year service as a temple worker, but also because it was at the same temple I worked where I met and later married the woman of my dreams. I had always been fascinated by temple progress before then, but now I glory in each wonderful construction milestone.

I will never forget the statement made by George Q. Cannon (though I had always heard it attributed to Brigham Young) to the effect that every temple built and dedicated lessens the power of Satan on the earth. I

n an era of the dispensation of the fulness of times when we will shortly have 156 temples dedicated, think how much the power of Satan has been lessened since we started building temples. It is staggering to think of.

And I am of the opinion that it is more than likely that we will see 200 temples by the 200th anniversary of the restoration and reestablishment of the Lord's Church here on the earth (which will happen on April 6, 2030). Just think how much that will lessen the power of Satan. And to think of faithful saints worldwide frequently sacrificing everything just for one visit to these sacred places of worship is awesome to think about.

As I have previously mentioned, in my six years serving at one of these temples, in two shifts per week, I calculated I was helping roughly 100 patrons per week in the labor of redeeming the dead. Multiply that by millions of workers working millions of shifts and helping millions of patrons, and the number of the redeemed dead becomes staggering.

I look forward to the day when the Savior will return on the earth. Can you imagine sitting in an April General Conference of the Church presided over by Jesus Christ and hearing a statistical report detailing a Church billions of members strong? It will be wonderful.

Let us work towards such a goal with all our hearts. Let us move forward unceasingly in the labor of redeeming the dead with the knowledge that the work we do is recorded in heaven and will one day be known to all the world. That this may be our goal and our glorious end result is my humble prayer in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. I lived close to the temple grounds back in 1990. I was there for my first winter in the mission and I got sick and had a mystery illness, went to the hospital for a couple weeks.
    I know members who live closer to the temple than the chapel!
    It is right by where the mission president used to live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eduardo, thanks for the comment and for sharing your experience about this particular temple. I hope it's okay. My comments system duplicated your above comment, and so I went ahead and deleted that duplicated comment. I have often heard of people living closer to their assigned temple than they do to their assigned meetinghouses. It will always interest and intrigue me to find out the latest temple news and developments. I hope you have enjoyed what you've been reading on this blog enough to want to regularly check it for updates, but that is ultimately up to you. Even if you decide to only occasionally check in for my latest posts, I hope that what I have to say will personally make a difference in your life. Thanks for taking time to read and comment.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.