Stokes Sounds Off: My best-guess estimation for when future groundbreakings may be announced and scheduled to take place

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

My best-guess estimation for when future groundbreakings may be announced and scheduled to take place

Based on what we know about the imminence of an announcement for the future site and groundbreaking ceremony for the Harare Zimbabwe Temple, I am venturing my best guess for when that will happen. I will also offer some additional comments about how soon other future temple events may be announced and scheduled. This new post is in addition to what I projected the last time I wrote about the subject of when future temple-related events may be announced and scheduled.

In my mind, it is likely that the site announcement for the Harare Zimbabwe Temple will be made within the first few months of 2017. I will say I would expect both the site announcement and the groundbreaking to take place by March of next year. I believe a site announcement for the Port-au-Prince Haiti Temple will take place by no later than May, and a groundbreaking will be scheduled for sometime between the already-scheduled Paris France dedication on May 21 and the rededication for the Idaho Falls Idaho Temple on June 4.

As for the future temples in Arequipa and Rio de Janeiro, I have firsthand knowledge about how any obstacles to construction can be swiftly dealt with and completely swept away. I am therefore venturing my opinion that groundbreakings for these two temples will be announced and take place within early or late summer 2017, no later than August or September. In the meantime, I can see a site announcement for Bangkok in early fall 2017, with the groundbreaking to take place in October. By the end of the year, I could also see site announcements and groundbreakings taking place in Urdaneta and Abidjan, assuming any current barriers preventing such events can be broken down. And, given how fast things happened in Harare, I would not be surprised to have potentially as many as two or three other site announcements happen in either the late months of 2017 or the early months of 2018. You can be sure that I will be keeping a faithful eye on any and all future developments and will make future predictions on such events as such knowledge crosses my radar.

As always, please feel free to leave me any feedback you may have on ideas I have presented in this post or any and all others I have previously done. Such feedback helps me to fine-tune my educated guesses in such matters. I appreciate, more than ever, your readership and comments.

1 comment:

  1. I have, based on information available today on Rick Satterfield's most excellent LDS Church Temples Site, rethought the above-mentioned order. Based on that, it is my impression that, while Harare and Port-au-Prince are the most likely groundbreakings to next be announced and scheduled, Rio and Arequipa have been reversed. In my mind, there is sufficient grounds to believe that this will be the case. FWIW, that's the latest development on this front. Thanks for reading both this post and this comment.

    ReplyDelete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.