Stokes Sounds Off: Construction Progress on the Concepcion Chile Temple

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Friday, March 17, 2017

Construction Progress on the Concepcion Chile Temple

While nothing else has changed in terms of temple construction progress since I last posted my report, for what it's worth, I have had a reason to make a minor update to that report today due to progress that has been made on the Concepcion Chile Temple. My last report showed that exterior cladding was going up on the north wall and that the interior walls were being framed. The update today shows that the afore-mentioned cladding is progressing, that palmtrees are being planted on the west side, that the monument sign is being poured, and that a waterproofing membrane is being attached to the east wall.

As nothing else has changed, I won't post an updated copy of my report today. But I did want to note that change, for what it's worth. Thanks to all of you for your continued readership and support. I appreciate knowing that my lifelong love of temples and everything related thereunto is so widely shared by so many. And I hope that, even if it is in the smallest way possible, my reports on these developments are proving helpful, informative, and even inspirational.

I have not forgotten my previously made promises which I have yet to keep regarding posting an update of the timetable within which I believe we will see future temple-related events announced and scheduled, as well as posting a delayed report on the Church's seminar for New Mission Presidents (which was held as 2017 commenced), and to post the latest apostolic statistics. I will do my best to get all three posts done this weekend. Thanks for your patience.

I appreciate your readership and any and all feedback I receive. Without those insights and discussions, I would not be able to do anything that I have done to any degree of success whatsoever. Thanks again.

3 comments:

  1. Happydane be nice. Of you don't care than why post or read this. I read these posts regularly.

    I'm excited about conference and the high potential of new temples being announced. In guesses 4-5 new temples. 1 or 2 in Africa, 1-2 in the US and 1 in Central America, likely Nicuragua.

    I have many more on my personal potential temple list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Kenny! Thanks for your defense of me. If Dane's comments continue in the vein they have been, I am going to request to have him blocked. I am gratified that you have become a regular reader on my blog. That means a lot to me. I can never tell who is reading my posts and who isn't. Thanks for regularly contributing. I am hoping for a minimum of 3 temples, more if possible. I think the US is due for at least 2, that we will see Nicaragua, and 1 in Utah (which I am counting and considering as being apart from the rest of the US), and perhaps the one in Papua New Guinea which I have previously mentioned. Africa and South American might be due another one or two asl well. I will not be surprised or disappointed by however many temples (if any) the Lord inspires the prophet to announce this time around. And you can count on my reporting on those things ASAP. As for Dane's accusations, the reasons I lost my job were a team leader who failed to relay my need to be absent to management, and the fact that their attendance policies left no wiggle room when I got really sick as a result of an illness from which I am still recovering. And that is why I don't have work currently. I don't have the strength to go out and earn a living right now. My doctors have felt that I need to get my health back where it should be before working. So, in reality, I don't care what Dane says or thinks. I am following doctor's orders and will resume looking for work when I can, probably for a position which I can do from home. I have one or two leads in that regard already. But the most important thing for me right now is to give my system a proper chance to heal. Doctor's orders, so I will live with my condition, such as it is, and do what I can. And I will make sure that Dane is no longer allowed to troll my blog or post comments attacking me if they continue. Thanks for your defense, Kenny! Hope you are well. I also hope my posts are valuable to you individually in some way. I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acknowledges for penmanship such a worthy column, I stumbled beside your blog besides predict a handful advise. I want your tone of manuscript... Project Management Services

    ReplyDelete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.