Stokes Sounds Off: Temple News and Events Update

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Temple News and Events Update

Hello. This will be the first in a series of rapid-fire posts I will do today. While no significant developments have happened with temple construction, I have learned a couple of neat things. First, the Tucson Arizona temple will officially open for tours this Saturday, though VIP and media tours are being conducted between now and then. The Church News ran this article about the open house, which will run for three weeks, excluding Sundays.

In addition, the Idaho Falls Idaho Temple will be rededicated on Sunday. While there has been no word yet about who might preside at that event, and who else might be in attendance, I have done further research on that. I found out that Elder Gary E. Stevenson was married in that temple years ago, so it is very likely he will be in attendance.

And while I originally theorized that President Eyring and Elder Andersen might be in attendance in view of their ties to Idaho, they represented top Church leadership at the Paris France Temple dedication just over a week ago. The Church seems to like rotating attendance at such events among all the apostles, which makes me think that President Eyring and Elder Andersen will not be participating in this event.

I still believe that President Uchtdorf, who broke ground for the Tucson Arizona Temple, will return for that temple's dedication in August. So it is my new theory that a senior member of the Quorum of the Twelve will preside at this rededication, which has happened many times with other rededications. The only question is which senior apostle will do that. I had thought in passing that Elder Bednar, another apostle who has ties to Idaho, could do it, but it is more likely that he will be involved somehow with the Meridian Idaho dedication, as he was the one to break ground for that temple.

And in view of the fact that Elder Hales is still not in good health, and because I also found out that Elder Ballard has been somewhat involved of late with the Utah South Area, and in view of the fact that he and Elder Holland, who has extensive ties to southern Utah, might possibly be involved in the dedication of the Cedar City temple later this month, by process of elimination, I feel we could see either President Nelson or Elder Oaks preside at this rededication.

Those are just my thoughts on some temple news and events. As always, let me know yours. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.