Stokes Sounds Off: More Details Provided About Memphis Tennessee Temple Renovation

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

More Details Provided About Memphis Tennessee Temple Renovation

Hello, everyone! In one of the comment threads of the LDS Church Growth Blog, one comment mentioned how different the artist's rendering of the renovated Memphis Tennessee Temple looks from its present appearance. I was intrigued, so I looked into it.


This is the current look.


This is what it will look like when the renovation is finished, according to the artist's rendering.

So we can see that this is indeed a major overhaul in design. And if the changes in the interior will be just as significant, then it will be interesting to see what the finished result is going to be. I still don't know how, if at all, the new look might impact how long the process takes. I have previously offered my thoughts that the rededication could happen 18 months from the time of this closure, which would put that event sometime around early-to-mid May 2019. As many sources available to me have indicated a completion estimate of early-to-mid 2019, this 18-month estimate fits. If anything delays the process, I can see adjusting my thoughts on that.

What is not yet known is how extensive other renovations for newer temples might be. I am keeping my eyes open for developments in that regard and will be sure to pass those along as I make them. That does it for this post. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Any comments are welcome and appreciated, as always. Until my next post, I wish you all the best.

4 comments:

  1. It looks nice. The steeple seems to have a broader look and the color looks good. I also like the entryway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I had wondered if they were changing the appearance of this temple to this extent because its previous look was outdated based on other buildings constructed in that area. As with the changes made for the Ogden Utah Temple, that would make sense. I look forward to seeing how long this renovation takes. And, as we also know, the Oklahoma City Oklahoma Temple will close on the 15th, and that its exterior will be changed as well. So there are a lot of interesting things happening in regards to temple construction, and for my part, I hope to be able to stay on top of it all. Thanks, as always, for commenting, Chris!

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful looking temple, cannot wait to see all done, bless all those working hard to complete the plan. Hope soon will find out the rededication month and year and date and day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by to comment. This particular design seems to be the standard new look for temples originally dedicated in the late 1990s and early 2000s which are or will be renovated. It is amazing to think that the Church originally built a bunch of these smaller temples with their current design to enable greater access to temples, and to note that a standard design seems to be in place for this same generation of temples when they are renovated. If all goes well, I would anticipate that this temple might be dedicated anytime between June and October of next year. I am tracking all temple developments, so you can find updates on the status of this temple posted here as I receive them. Thanks again for taking time to comment.

    ReplyDelete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.