Stokes Sounds Off: Progress noted on the Concepcion Chile Temple

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Progress noted on the Concepcion Chile Temple

Hello again, everyone! As many of you are aware, I had announced a while ago my intention to focus a series of posts on temple site prospects for the future. While I will be getting back to that either later this week or early next week, there have been numerous developments relating to Church and temple news. Because of this, I am taking a temporary step back from that series.

My reason for this new post is that, while not much has changed in terms of reported progress on most new temples and those existing ones being renovated, reports have come in about new milestones for the Concepcion Chile Temple. It was wonderful to hear about those.

So, what has that progress entailed? The reports state that cladding has progressed along the east wall, that a water feature for the temple grounds is being installed, and that walkways are being poured. Additionally, it appears that the Church has put a temporary 2D model of the Angel Moroni Temple in their efforts to ensure that when the actual 3D version is placed, it is positioned correctly.

This progress, such as it is, would appear to lend support to the theory I shared late last night that this temple's dedication could occur in June of next year. After all, the Concepcion Chile Temple is one that has progressed very consistently. It is wonderful indeed to have heard of this progress.

That does it for this post. Any comments are welcome and appreciated. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish each one of you all the best and pray the Lord's blessings upon you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.