Stokes Sounds Off: Temple News Updates

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Temple News Updates

Hello again everyone! I wanted to post today and pass along some wonderful news about temples. More details were provided today that set the context for the developments I previously reported about the Rome Italy Temple. In that city that is iconic to the history of Christianity, scaffolding, which has been part of the temple for the last 4 years or so (including when the project changed hands and the existing scaffolding was replaced in 2015), has been removed. Interior work continues there as well.

Now, I wanted to offer a disclaimer here: Despite my general tendency to be optimistic whenever I hear updates like this, at the same time, unless more significant progress is made on this temple within the next 6-8 months, I still have not seen sufficient evidence that this temple will be completed and dedicated prior to the end of next year. But you can be sure that if that changes, I will be passing that along.

Additionally, I learned earlier today that the angel Moroni had been replaced on the temple in Monticello Utah. That was apparently reported yesterday, but I missed passing that along in view of needing to take a personal day to work out a health-related crisis. The problem has passed (and long-time readers of this blog are no doubt aware of how reticent I have been lately to post about personal matters, choosing to focus on Church news, of which there is always an abundance) but it has been a tricky few weeks. I only mention this as an explanation about why I was not able to report on the Monticello development yesterday.

As I observed over the weekend, tours continue until the end of the day Saturday for the new temple in Meridian Idaho. The cultural celebration will follow one week after, and the dedication will be held the next day. Still no word on who might represent the Church at this event, but wanted to note it anyway.

Full-scale construction has not yet begun on the Port-au-Prince Haiti Temple. That said, unless it becomes another Winnipeg (which will not see full-scale construction efforts start until spring 2018, 15 months or so after the groundbreaking ceremony was held), completion is still anticipated for Haiti's first temple in early-to-mid 2019. That will likely not change, unless construction cannot begin on this temple within the next six months. With the relatively great year-round weather in Haiti, there are not anticipated to be many weather-related delays to impede the construction of this temple.

One other thing worth noting in terms of temple-related developments: I have not yet heard how (if at all) the design of the Asuncion Paraguay Temple might change while it undergoes the renovation process. I had wondered if it might be given the same exterior look as Memphis and Oklahoma City, but that has not yet been clarified by any of the sources I have available to me. Stay tuned for more on that as I learn of it.

That does it for this post. Any comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish each one of you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.