Stokes Sounds Off: PDF of May 2016 Ensign now available/How my predictions for the table of contents panned out

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Monday, April 25, 2016

PDF of May 2016 Ensign now available/How my predictions for the table of contents panned out

Hello, friends! Hope you all are well. I am posting today something I meant to address yesterday, but I ran out of time to do it then. As soon as the talk transcripts of the April 2016 General Conference were available, I right away did what I have  done for several conferences now--put together my predictions for what a table of contents might look like for the Conference Ensign. I had meant to post that prediction on my blog, but something told me to hold off on doing so. Then yesterday, I was on lds.org and felt impressed to just check and see if the PDF of the May Ensign was available. I'm glad I followed that impression. The PDF was available, and I got an advanced look at what it looked like. I present to you the table of contents I put together, along with the actual page number for each talk or article (actual page numbers will be in parentheses). Since the number of pages of each talk or article is unpredictable, it is always intriguing to see just how right (or wrong) I am. Here's the list. Let me know what you think.

Possible Table of Contents for May 2016 Ensign
(Text in Parentheses indicates what actually was)
Session
Page
Title
Speaker

2
Conference Summary for the 186th Annual General Conference


3
Indexes


4
Highlights from the 186th Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

GW
8 (6)
He Asks Us to Be His Hands
Cheryl A. Esplin

11 (10)
What Shall We Do?
Neill F. Marriott

14 (13)
“I Was a Stranger”
Linda K. Burton

17 (16)
Trust in That Spirit Which Leadeth to Do Good
President Henry B. Eyring
SAM
21 (19)
Where Two or Three Are Gathered
President Henry B. Eyring

25 (23)
A Child’s Guiding Gift
Mary R. Durham

27 (26)
I Am a Child of God
Elder Donald L. Hallstrom

29
Where are the Keys and Authority of the Priesthood?
Elder Gary E. Stevenson

33
The Healing Ointment of Forgiveness
Elder Kevin R. Duncan

36
Be Thou Humble
Elder Steven E. Snow

39
“That I Might Draw All Men unto Me”
Elder Dale G. Renlund
SAA
43
The Sustaining of Church Officers
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

45
Church Auditing Department Report, 2015
Kevin R. Jergensen

45
Statistical Report, 2015
Brook P. Hales

46
Standing with the Leaders of the Church
Elder Ronald A. Rasband

49
“Whoso Receiveth Them, Receiveth Me”
Elder Neil L. Andersen

53
To the Rescue: We Can Do It
Elder Mervyn B. Arnold

56
The Sacred Place of Restoration
Elder Jairo Mazzagardi

59
Always Retain a Remission of Your Sins
Elder David A. Bednar

63
Family Councils
Elder M. Russell Ballard
SPH
67 (66)
The Price of Priesthood Power
President Russell M. Nelson

75 (70)
The Greatest Leaders are the Greatest Followers
Stephen W. Owen

78 (77)
In Praise of Those Who Save
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

82 (81)
Eternal Families
President Henry B. Eyring

86 (85)
A Sacred Trust
President Thomas S. Monson
SUM
87 (86)
Choices
President Thomas S. Monson

88 (87)
Do I Believe?
Bonnie L. Oscarson

90
Learn, Listen, and Walk
Bishop W. Christopher Waddell

93
Fathers
Elder D. Todd Christofferson

97
See Yourself in the Temple
Elder Quentin L. Cook

101
He Will Place You on His Shoulders and Carry You
Home
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
SUA
105
The Holy Ghost
Elder Robert D. Hales

108
Always Remember Him
Elder Gerrit W. Gong

111
Refuge from the Storm
Elder Patrick Kearon

113 (114)
Opposition in All Things
Elder Dallin H. Oaks

117 (118)
The Power of Godliness
Elder Kent F. Richards

119 (121)
And There Shall Be No More Death
Elder Paul V. Johnson

122 (124)
Tomorrow the Lord Will Do Wonders among You
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

72
General Authorities and General Officers of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints


126 (128)
Conference Story Index (They Spoke to Us)


127 (130)
They Spoke to Us: Making Conference Part of Our Lives (Conference Story Index)


128 (131)
News of the Church
128: Conference Summary
128: New temples
129 (130): W. Mark Bassett/Mark A. Bragg
130 (131): Weatherford T. Clayton/Valeri V. Cordon
131 (132): Joaquin A. Costa/Massimo De Feo
132 (133): Peter F. Meurs/K. Brett Nattress
133 (134): S. Mark Palmer/Gary B. Sabin
134 (135): Evan A. Schmutz/Joy D. Jones
135 (136): Jean B. Bingham/Bonnie H. Cordon
136-144 (137-144): Other Church News (Included all facets of temple-related progress made since last conference, including those announced during this conference)


144
Last Page of Conference Ensign




No comments:

Post a Comment

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.