Stokes Sounds Off: Elder Rasband's Philippines Tour Includes Visits to Temple Sites

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Elder Rasband's Philippines Tour Includes Visits to Temple Sites

Hello again, everyone! I became aware earlier today of a report that Elder Rasband, while on assignment in the Church's Philippines Area, has visited the site locations for the planned temples in the cities of Urdaneta and Alabang. What that means is that we now have confirmation of the official location for the Urdaneta temple site, which is just off the MacArthur Highway, to the south of the city of Urdaneta.

I have not been able to confirm this through official sources, but it seems safe to surmise that part of Elder Rasband's assignment may have been to look over both sites and to try to determine how close they might be to being ready for a groundbreaking. I am keeping my eyes open for more information on this, and will post any updates in that regard as I become aware of them. That said, it is great to have heard of this news, and I am grateful for the chance to pass it along to you.

That does it for this post. Any and all comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish each one of you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.

5 comments:

  1. It is also exciting to read his apostolic comment about future temples some day in the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that comment, Kenny. I agree completely on that point. As you (and other readers of this blog) may recall, when I covered the Philippines Area in my series of posts on potential locations for future temples, I mentioned a few options I could see for future temples in that area. When we add to that not only Elder Rasband's statement but the fact that President Nelson will be touring Asia (which is generally understood to include the Pacific and the Philippines as well) in April, it is my opinion that the recent visit of Elder Rasband and the planned tour for President Nelson and Elder Holland may involve scouting out potential new locations for temples, not just in Asia, but in Europe and Africa as well. And if that occurs, when we combine all of that with Elder Wilson's statement, we may be seeing many other temples announced in these areas in the near future. Whatever might occur in that regard, you can count on my mentioning it here on my blog as I learn of it. Thanks again for your great comment, Kenny!

      Delete
  2. Where is the report about his visit and comments?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Scott! Thanks for your comment. You can find that report at the link below. Enjoy, and thanks again!

      https://ldschurchtemples.org/news/ (Note that the first item on that page shares the report, which may be subsequently detailed further in the Church News)

      Delete
    2. I should also probably add that, if such details are given more fully in the Church News in the coming days, I will be sure to pass those articles along here. Thanks again, Scott.

      Delete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.