Stokes Sounds Off: Additional Church News and Temple Developments Reported

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Additional Church News and Temple Developments Reported

Hello again, everyone! Within the 24 hours since my last post on this blog, a few more Church news updates and temple developments have been reported. Let's get right into all of those. First, the Church news updates. In light of the report late last night that former US President George H. W. Bush had passed away, the First Presidency issued an official statement earlier today expressing gratitude for his legacy of service to the United States, condolences and love to his family, and an invocation of God's peace to attend them at this time.

Also, two leaders of the Church (Sister Sharon Eubank, First Counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency, who also serves as chair of LDS Charities; and Elder Anthony D. Perkins of the Seventy, who is serving in a few different Church headquarters assignments), responded to an invitation from Baroness Emma Nicholson, who spearheaded the creation of AMAR, in speaking on the subject of religious intolerance at a conference in Baghdad.

That city, located in the Middle Eastern countries, happens to fall under Elder Perkins' responsibility, as he is the Senior Administrator for the Church in the Middle East/Africa North Area. You can read more about that in this article from the Newsroom.

In the meantime, we turn now to the additional temple updates of which I spoke earlier. Other developments have been noted on the construction process for the Durban South Africa Temple. While work continues on painting, millwork, plumbing, and electrical systems, tiling has begun to be installed inside that temple as well. Meanwhile, on the grounds of that temple, the exterior planter boxes are being plastered, and installation is underway on the water feature which will be part of the temple grounds.

It has also been reported that the angel Moroni statue was installed atop the Arequipa Peru Temple yesterday (November 30). Having said that, I need to offer a disclaimer here: While this milestone is significant, there is nothing currently which indicates that the dedication of that temple will occur any sooner than early 2020, and I don't see that changing in the future, unless the Lord knows something that I don't (which He does, by the way).

In the meantime, with the process of setting piles for the construction barrier on the  Abidjan Côte d'Ivoire Temple nearing completion, work has now turned to setting up the poles within the construction barrier that will mark the areas where the footings of the temple foundation are to be poured.

It is most wonderful to see the day-to-day Church news updates and temple developments which are being reported on a consistent basis, and I was happy to bring you word of the latest here on this blog. I continue to monitor all such updates and will bring you word of the major ones as I receive them. That does it for this post. Any and all comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated, on any post at any time, so long as such comments align with the established guidelines.

Thank you for the privilege of your time. If you enjoyed what you read here and would like to stay informed of newly-added content, please feel free to subscribe. Until my next post, I wish each one of you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say your blog is amazing! It's like The Church News on steroids. Thank you for all your time and research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by to comment. As I mentioned in a post shared a couple of days ago, I am currently in recuperation from a 10-day hospitalization which involved one minor procedure and one major one. So while my recuperation continues here at home, my ability to report on all general Church news stories or minor temple developments may be somewhat lessened over the next 0.5-2 weeks or so, but I will at least be trying to cover the most significant developments during that time. As I have also previously noted, I have had a life-long love for the ongoing history of the Church. So I am grateful this blog gives me a suitable platform to share such things that are close to my heart. I may not be anywhere close to perfect in such reports, but it is nice to know my efforts are appreciated by so many. Thanks again for stopping by to comment.

      Delete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.