Stokes Sounds Off: BREAKING TEMPLE NEWS: Full-Scale Construction Efforts Underway on Quito Ecuador Temple

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Thursday, June 6, 2019

BREAKING TEMPLE NEWS: Full-Scale Construction Efforts Underway on Quito Ecuador Temple

Hello again, everyone! I have some breaking temple news to report. New information of which I was made aware today indicates that full-scale construction efforts are now underway on the Quito Ecuador Temple. The latest update I have on that temple is that construction equipment is on site, that the outline of the temple has been marked, and that excavation is now underway for the footings and foundation of that temple.

It is wonderful to hear of these developments, especially since the groundbreaking for that temple occurred less than a month ago. With construction having commenced, some sources from which I gather the bulk of the temple information which I share here have indicated that construction on the Quito Ecuador Temple is now anticipated to wrap up sometime during 2021, which puts its' completion after that of the Yigo Guam, Praia Cabo Verde, and San Juan Puerto Rico Temples, but prior to that of the Pocatello Idaho and Urdaneta Philippines Temples.

And based on my own analysis, I am confident enough to offer a more specific completion estimate of mid-to-late 2021 for that temple. Given that within the last couple of weeks, we have seen this temple and the Bangkok Thailand Temple finally get out of their "full-scale construction pending" status, it is my hope that we will soon see full scale work get underway for the Yigo, Praia, and San Juan Temples, although how quickly that may occur could be anyone's guess.

With that said, I did want to note that the groundbreaking ceremony for the Lima Peru Los Olivos Temple will be held two days from now. And additionally, an update has also crossed my radar relating to the renovation process for the Washington D.C. Temple, where work has progressed on both the temple's interior and exterior. Aside from these updates, I wanted to also note that I am still hoping that another announced temple or two may have its' groundbreaking arrangements announced within the next week or two.

And I also wanted to mention as well that President Russell M. Nelson, his wife, Wendy W. Nelson, and Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and his wife, Harriet R. Uchtdorf, are preparing to visit Orlando Florida, where they will speak at an evening devotional this weekend. The Church News has published an article on how a Disney show director has been given the opportunity to prepare the Amway Center for that devotional this weekend.

I have other Church news stories to report, but will defer that for the moment. That does it for this post. Any and all comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated, on any post at any time, as long as such comments are made in accordance with the established guidelines. Thank you for the privilege of your time. If you enjoyed what you read here and would like to stay informed of newly-added content, please feel free to subscribe. Until my next post, I wish each one of you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.

2 comments:

  1. First, thanks for your articles, they are very good, they are up to date with news and they are more complete than in the Church, you can see the love you have for the gospel.

    I hope the day arrived, that temples were built closer to the members of any country, where the Church is and that they are without differences, despite all the announcements of temples, are still few for the number of countries in which the church has settled down.

    Omar Valenzuela Escobar
    Santiago de Chile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Omar. Thank you for taking time to comment. I apologize for my delayed response, but I have been dealing with some health-related difficulties again today, and the nature of those issues have interfered with my usual ability to reply in a timely manner. I have always loved to keep myself informed on all important matters relating to the Church, and I am grateful I have the opportunity to share such developments with others here. I appreciate your kind words regarding my efforts to do so.

      Throughout the last 2.5 decades at least, the three Church Presidents who have served within that time (Presidents Gordon B. Hinckley, Thomas S. Monson, and Russell M. Nelson) have underscored the important place temples and the worship which occurs therein should have on each of us as Latter-day Saints. I know that Presidents Hinckley and Monson mentioned a few times the goal to have every member living within 200 miles or less of their assigned temples, and much has been done to make that possible thus far.

      But you are also correct that there is much more to do in terms of building temples worldwide to accomplish that goal as it currently stands. I have heard much said about what President Nelson's objectives relating to temple construction might entail, and it appears that the focus will be on announcing temples in areas with a high concentration of Church members, prioritizing more isolated ares or areas where members are more than 200 miles from a temple, or to divide some of the current temple districts that are either significantly bigger, have a high rate of activity, or both.

      There have also been more recent statements made lately by many of the apostles to the effect that a ten-fold increase in the total number of operating temples will likely be implemented. I know that some have felt that the ten-fold increase will happen in a very short amount of time overall. While I understand that theory (especially since wree have seen past precedent set in relation to the number of temples substantially increasing over a very short period of time), I have, as part of my ongoing analysis of temple developments, come to the conclusion that the ten-fold increase will more likely be the ultimate endgame goal, rather than the more immediate destiation towards which the direction of the temple construction program has been headed.

      I believe that the increase will be done over time in a very intelligent, logical, and judicious way. But having said that, I know of no other new Church President who has, within the course of his first three General Conferences as such, announced 27 new temple locations. The only past precedent that comes anywhere close is the Hinckley-era smaller-temple building boom the Church witnessed during the late 1990s and early 2000s.

      And I also feel that, for the moment, the focus will be on announcing new temples in each General Conference, while doing all that can be done to clear the queue between each General Conference. I heard somewhere that someone indicated that the Church's goal is to keep the "backlog" of announced temples at around an average of 30 temples at any given time.

      There is certainly a lot to think about regarding current temple developments and those that may occur in the immediate, near, and more distant future. Unless I miss my guess, the Church will continue to enter uncharted territory as far as all of that is concerned.

      In the meantime, Omar, I appreciate you having taken time to comment, and I am grateful to hear that the length and consistency of my reports have had a positive influence on you. Please feel free to keep commenting on content any time you like. Thanks again, Omar.

      Delete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.