Stokes Sounds Off: BREAKING NEWS: New General Authority Seventy Called

Search This Blog

Top Leaderboard

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

BREAKING NEWS: New General Authority Seventy Called

Hello again, everyone! Breaking news was just reported a short time ago in the Newsroom and by the Church News. Effective immediately, Elder Alexander Dushku will serve as a  General Authority Seventy of the Church, He will be sustained in that assignment during the October 2023 General Conference. This marks the first time since May 2018 that the call of a new General Authority Seventy has been announced outside of General Conference, I will let the biographical information for him speak for itself.

I will just also note that, in view of this update, I may be revisiting my thoughts about including a list of changes in general Church leadership with my predictions for the October 2023 General Conference. I am grateful to have learned of this update and to be able to pass it along to you all here. I continue to monitor all major Church News, Newsroom, and temple construction updates and will be sure to bring word of those to you all here as I receive them. In the meantime, that does it for now.

All comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated on any post at any time, as long as the offered feedback is made per the established guidelines. I hope any of you who would like to share anything will take your opportunity to “sound off” in the comments below. Please subscribe if you liked what you read here and would like to be informed of newly-added posts and comments. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.

3 comments:

  1. Hello again, everyone! On this Tuesday, I wanted to note that I was advised in a previous thread of some prolems many of you might be having when attempting to subscrie to this blog and its' comments. I am working on a solution to this problem and appreciate your understanding while I do so.

    In the interim, the Church also reported this morning that Media/VIP tours are underway for the Feather River California Temple prior to the public open house, which will begin on Saturday and will run through September 9.

    And the latest edition of the Church News podcast has been released. If there are any other Church News or Newsroom updates later today, or if there are any temple construction developments (including any major announcements), I will be sure to post about those here. For now, my thanks once again to you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is one more report from the Church News. In addition, an update has been noted on the Deseret Peak Utah Temple. My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete
    2. And an update has been noted on the status of the Stockholm Sweden Temple. My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.