Stokes Sounds Off: BREAKING TEMPLE NEWS: San Pedro Sula Honduras Temple Open House Begins; Groundbreaking Held for the Wichita Kansas Temple; Groundbreaking Scheduled for the Port Moresby Papua New Guinea Temple

Search This Blog

Monday, September 9, 2024

BREAKING TEMPLE NEWS: San Pedro Sula Honduras Temple Open House Begins; Groundbreaking Held for the Wichita Kansas Temple; Groundbreaking Scheduled for the Port Moresby Papua New Guinea Temple

Hello again, everyone! The latest temple news was shared this afternoon. The Newsroom has covered the start of the public open house for the San Pedro Sula Honduras Templeconfirmed the groundbreaking for the Wichita Kansas Temple, and set the groundbreaking for the Tarawa Kiribati Temple. Since the first two updates speak for themselves, all that remains is to cover the groundbreaking for the Tarawa Kiribati Temple.

The groundbreaking will occur on Saturday, November 2, 2024, with Elder Jeremy R. Jaggi, who serves as Second Counselor in the Pacific Area Presidency, presiding. Prior to today's announcement, the Tarawa Kiribati Temple was the temple for which its site had been confirmed for the longest period without a groundbreaking announcement being made. Given the fact that this groundbreaking was scheduled for just under two months from now, I think we will see other groundbreakings set to occur between now and then.

I also wanted to take a look at how this changes temple groundbreakings in 2023 vs. 2024. As you can see, there will be 12 groundbreakings (if nothing else is scheduled between now and then)  this year in roughly the same amount of time it took for the Church to have 8 groundbreakings last year. So that's significant.

I will just add here that I was a little surprised that there was no site announcement for the Tacoma Washington Temple as I had previously reported, so the information I received about that was clearly in error. I apologize if I misled anyone to believe something that didn't turn out to be true.  

Stay tuned here for updates from the Church News, Newsroom, and Church of Jesus Christ Temples sites. I’ll be sure to pass word of those along to you all as soon as I learn about them. In the meantime, that does it for now. 

All comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated on any post at any time, as long as all such feedback is made per the established guidelines. I hope any of you who would like to share anything will take your opportunity to “sound off” in the comments below. If you liked what you read here and would like to stay informed of newly added posts and comments, please subscribe for the applicable updates. 

If you would like to support the work done on this blog, donations in any amount are always welcome and appreciated but never required. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.

8 comments:

  1. The Church News also covered the news for the San Pedro Sula Honduras, Wichita Kansas and Tarawa Kiribati Temples. My thanks once again to you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The birthday broadcast just ended, and a report thereof was published by the Newsroom. My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete
    2. The Church News also covered the broadcast. My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete
    3. A status update has been reported on the Grand Junction Colorado Temple. My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete
    4. On this Tuesday, the Newsroom and the Church News covered the Tabernacle Choir's reunion with the Morehouse and Spelman College's glee clubs for a concert. The Church News also called for stories and photos from the recent National Day of Service. Another update highlights humanitarian efforts in Latin America, and a Latter-day Saint teen excels in soccer while relying on her faith. My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete
    5. Here is one more report from the Church News. My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete
    6. On this Wednesday, the Newsroom has provided one new report, while the Church News has shared a total of 4 new reports, each of which speaks for itself. My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete
    7. The Church News also shared one additional report. On a personal note, I will be having another minor procedure tomorrow that may interfere with my ability to provide timely reports, particularly on the new hymns that are going to be released at some point tomorrow. My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.