Hello again, everyone! Today, the First Presidency set groundbreaking arrangements for the Maceió Brazil Temple. Let's break down those details: the groundbreaking for this temple is set to take place on Saturday, October 10 (just one week after the October 2026 General Conference). Elder B. Corey Cuvelier of the Brazil Area Presidency will preside over that ceremony. This announcement follows that temple's announcement in April 2022, the site location confirmation in March 2023, and the release of its exterior rendering in May 2024.
Given the timing of this temple's groundbreaking, I'm sure other temple groundbreakings could be set to occur before it. But currently, this announcement marks the fourteenth in 2026. 2026 is currently 48 days behind 2025. But, as noted, I do anticipate other groundbreakings perhaps being set to occur before this one does. Time will tell how correct that notion is. This will mark the sixth Brazilian temple to join the current construction queue.
I had been hoping we might see other temple dedications announced, or additional information released about other temples, but I'm glad we at least got this announcement today. I invite you all to stay tuned here for my coverage of the latest updates from the Church News, Newsroom, and Church of Jesus Christ Temples sites. I’ll be sure to pass word of those along to you all as soon as I learn about them.
In the meantime, that does it for now. All comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated on any post at any time, as long as all such feedback is made per the established guidelines. I hope any of you who would like to share anything will take your opportunity to “sound off” in the comments below. If you liked what you read here and would like to stay informed of newly added posts and comments, please subscribe to receive the applicable updates.
Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.
The Church News has also covered today's temple news. My thanks once again to you all.
ReplyDeleteI am grateful to see continued temple news or updates) during the month of July. I wasn't sure if we'd see too much during the time general authorities are on their breaks/vacations. But I think there has been something every week this month. I hope it continues.
ReplyDeleteI hope so too, Chris. The queue of announced temples will be down to 98 once all 7 temples have their groundbreakings. And that's just with what's been scheduled so far. I think we are likely to see at least a few more groundbreakings take place between the end of August and the second Saturday in October, when this groundbreaking will take place. In the meantime, we've got four temples that are just awaiting the announcement of their opening arrangements, along with another 4-8 that aren't too far behind. I think we are likely to see at least one or two dedications next week, along with perhaps one or two temple groundbreakings. Let's hope the forward momentum continues. Thanks, as always, Chris, for taking time to comment. I always appreciate hearing from you.
Delete