Stokes Sounds Off: BREAKING TEMPLE NEWS: Groundbreaking Announced for the Piura Peru Temple

Search This Blog

Top Leaderboard

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

BREAKING TEMPLE NEWS: Groundbreaking Announced for the Piura Peru Temple

Hello again, everyone! Right when I had given up all hope for a new temple announcement today, a new announcement from the First Presidency has set a gorundbreaking for the Piura Peru Temple. That event willl take place on Saturday, November 14, 2026, under the presiding direction of Elder Steven C. Barlow of the South America Northwest Area Presidency. Given that there are four Saturdays between the October 17 groundbreaking for the Vienna Austria Temple and the Piura Peru Temple groundbreaking, the schedule could and probably will fill out.

And if only one more groundbreaking is set to occur before the end of this year, we will be dead even with 2025's 20. I've got my eyes on several prospects. I am grateful for this news and for the chance to share it with you all here. I invite you all to stay tuned here for my coverage of the latest updates from the Church News, Newsroom, and Church of Jesus Christ Temples sites. I’ll be sure to pass word of those along to you all as soon as I learn about them. In the meantime, that does it for now. 

All comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated on any post at any time, as long as all such feedback is made per the established guidelines. I hope any of you who would like to share anything will take your opportunity to “sound off” in the comments below. If you liked what you read here and would like to stay informed of newly added posts and comments, please subscribe to receive the applicable updates. 

Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.

10 comments:

  1. With the 25th anniversary of September 11, 2001 coming up tomorrow, the Church News shared how the Church responded in the aftermath of those attacks. My thanks once again to you all,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On this Friday, the Newsroom and the Church News have both covered the calls of new leaders for each of the 11 MTCs worldwide, with those assignments being effective in January of next year. The Church News has also shared reflections from 5 Latter-day Saints about September 11, 2001. My thanks once again to you all.

      My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete
    2. Construction status updates have been reported for the following temples: Tarawa Kiribati, Tampa Florida, Cape Town South Africa, and Springfield Missouri. My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete
    3. The Church News has shared this additional report. My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete
    4. The Church News has also shared the latest edition of "This Week on Social", which featured posts from the following general Church leaders:

      Elders Neil L. Andersen and Dale G. Renlund of the Quorum of the Twelve Apsotles; Relief Society General President Camille N. Johnson; the Young Women General Presidency (President Emily Belle Freeman and sisters Tamara W. Runia and Andrea Munoz Spannaus, posting via Young Women Worldwide); Priamry General President Rosemary K. Chibota (posting via Primary Worldwide); the Priamry General Presidency (President Chibota and Sisters Nina M. Garfield and Theresa A. Collins), also posting via Primary Worldwide.

      My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete
    5. Late yesterday evening, the Church News released this new video about the Montpelier Idaho Temple and its open house, which lasts until September 26. While we're on the subject of temples, I should like to note that the open houses for both the Miraflores Guatemala City Guatemala and Cody Wyoming Temples wrap up this evening. In addition, it's worth noting that there have been some changes in the current construction queue for temples under construction. I will let those changes speak for themselves, but I would like to note that there have been construction status updates on two Idaho templesL Teton River and Coeur d'Alene. Church News updates will follow shortly. My thaks once again toyou all.

      Delete
    6. And on this Saturday, the Church News has shared a few new reports: Relief Society General President Camille N.Johnson marked her 64th birthday, with the Church News sharing " >this tribute to her. Following a severe and destructive tornado that hit Wisconsin rather badly, Church members in the affected communities gathered together to help their impacted neighbors. Church News managing editor Scott Taylor shares his perspective on all that was accomplished in, by, and through the Savior's Atonement. Sister Kristin M. Yee, Second Counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency, ministered in Central Europe. And the ChurchNews also shared the text of the message that will be given by Brother Derrick Porter during tomorrow's historic 5,061stpisode of "Music & the Spoken Word". My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete
    7. And the Newsroom has officially reported on the aforementioned groundbreaking for the Colorado Springs Colorado Temple. My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete
    8. The Church News has also reported on today's temple groundbreaking. My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete
    9. On this Sunday, the Newsroom and the Church News have both reported on the Friend to Friend broadcast, which featured Elder Gérald Caussé of the Quorum of the Twelve Apsotles and his wife, Valérie, in addition to the new Primary General Presidency (President Rosemary K. Chibota and Sisters Nina M. Garfield and Theresa A. Collins).

      Aside from that Friend-to-Friend event, other reports from the Church News include: 29 recently called stake presidencies, (3 for new stakes, and stake reorganizations for the other 26). The top 9 developments covered by the Church News this week are featured in the latest edition of "In Case You Missed It: Week in Review". And with our "Come, Follow Me" study this week covering Isaiah 1-12, see what Church leaders have said about those 12 chapters. My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.