Stokes Sounds Off: BREAKING TEMPLE NEWS: President Nelson Announces 20 New Temples

Search This Blog

Top Leaderboard

Sunday, October 1, 2023

BREAKING TEMPLE NEWS: President Nelson Announces 20 New Temples

Note: An initial version of this post was published at 4:07 PM as scheduled. Due to circumstances, which I explained here, a full report on this update wasn't published between 5:00-6:00 PM. This post bears the original timestamp.

Hello again, everyone! I am pleased to report that my theory was incorrect. President Nelson didn't speak until Sunday Afternoon, and in his prerecorded remarks concluding General Conference, he announced 20 new temples, the exact number of temples I had theorized would be announced. 

The temples will be built in each of the following locations: Savai’i Samoa, Kahului Hawaii, Fairbanks Alaska, Vancouver Washington, Colorado Springs Colorado, Tulsa Oklahoma, Roanoke Virginia, Cancún Mexico, Piura & Huancayo Peru, Viña del Mar Chile, Goiânia and João Pessoa Brazil, Cape Coast Ghana, Calabar Nigeria, Luanda Angola, Mbuji-Mayi Democratic Republic of the Congo, Laoag, Philippines, Osaka Japan, and Ulaanbaatar Mongolia.

I correctly predicted temples in Savaii Samoa, Fairbanks Alaska, Colorado Springs Colorado, Cancun Mexico, Viña del Mar Chile, Goiânia and João Pessoa Brazil, Cape Coast Ghana, Calabar Nigeria, Mbuji-Mayi DR Congo, Osaka Japan, and Ulaanbaatar Mongolia (12 of the 20) to the exact location. I had the right general area but the wrong specific one for the newest temples in Hawaii, Peru, and the Philippines, but the wrong specific cities. 

Angola had been on my list, but I had removed it, which was also the case for Tulsa. OOPS! I was blindsided by Roanoke Virginia, Vancouver Washington, Piura and Huancayo and Piura Peru. The accuracy calculation will be included in my General Conference predictions results post, which will come out at some point in the next two weeks.

It seems the plans of President Nelson regarding the temple program of the Church have not been exaggerated. I have received feedback that the Church could potentially have 400 temples operating by 2030, but I have not been able to substantiate that further. I anticipate that tomorrow, there will be another major temple construction update. Stay tuned for coverage on that.

In the meantime, that does it for now. All comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated on any post at any time, as long as the offered feedback is made per the established guidelines. I hope any of you who would like to share anything will take your opportunity to “sound off” in the comments below. Please subscribe if you liked what you read here and would like to be informed of newly-added posts and comments. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.

2 comments:

  1. Hello again, everyone! In a new comment on my end-of-third-quarter temple construction update post, I shared new temple updates reported on October 1. I am sharing the link to that comment here for all who may be interested in what those updates are. My thanks once again to you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I failed to mention several new reports summarizing teachings from General Conference last weekend. Presiding Eyring shared what he wants his family to know about the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. Several speakers last weekend focused on finding strength to endure trials and tribulations through Jesus Christ. The Church News also covered the announcement of new temples, in addition to a more specific summary of President Nelson's remarks concluding the conference. Further teachings from the Sunday Sessions were also highlighted, as was an overview of the central theme of all talks from this weekend. Another summary shared teachings from General Conference about the Holy Ghost. And teachings from Church leaders and scholars set the background for this week's Come Follow Me study (which will focus on Ephesians. My thanks once again to you all.

      Delete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.