Stokes Sounds Off: Update on Stake Creations in 2017

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Friday, June 30, 2017

Update on Stake Creations in 2017

Hello, all! While I am hard at work trying to do more thorough research about future temple-related developments and probable temple sites, I was pleased to find out that today there was news of more stakes that were created last Sunday.

It looks at the moment as though 3 new stakes were created (in Puebla Mexico (that stake creation apparently necessitated the renaming of another stake in that city), Tegucigalpa Honduras, and Santa Cruz Bolivia), and one existing district in Ghana was upgraded to a district. I will not be providing the unit breakdown of these new Church units. That is Matthew Martinich's field of expertise, he does it well, and I will not take that from him. There is a reason he is an expert at doing so and I am not.

For my part, I am grateful that both the LDS Church Growth Blog the LDS Church Temples site provide regular updates to and analysis of those unit changes. I will say that, for me, this solidifies my theories from recent study that Mexico, Bolivia, and Honduras could be among the locations where new temples may soon rise. For me, Puebla makes the most sense for Mexico's next temple site, Santa Cruz or La Paz could be seen as the best option for Bolivia's next temple (right now, they seem to be even in terms of their likelihood, and I would be satisfied with either, though it seems like both may get a temple in the near future if growth continues as it has), and San Pedro Sula seems to be the logical location for the second Honduran temple.

As always, more study and analysis of present and future temple-related news will follow as I can make that happen. Thanks to you all for your ongoing interest and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.