Stokes Sounds Off: 600th Blog Post: Church (and Beehive Clothing) announces discontinuance of some

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Thursday, July 6, 2017

600th Blog Post: Church (and Beehive Clothing) announces discontinuance of some

Today, as I celebrate posting my 600th post on this blog, I have been thinking more and more about how far I've come in my blogging efforts. As I began blogging in order to keep my family and friends informed about our personal lives, I gradually shifted my focus to being more about General Conference news and developments (both past a future), apostolic age and tenure milestones (including birthday posts dedicated to our current 15 apostles during at least their birth months, of not the exact days), and especially present and future temple-related developments (including estimated time-frames for future events and many discussions of possible future temple sites).

In doing so I found somewhat of a faithful group of those who check my blog regularly for updates, have requested my friendship  on Facebook (primarily because an easy actual friendship has formed through our interactions on this blog), and who have filled a void that has arisen in my life due to the fact that I am not presently well enough to be out and about and mingling with my neighbors through our Church activity, and because we are now living so comparatively far away from our our many other friends and family members. So thanks to you all who have become regular readers, followers, and supporters in this time of our great need. I appreciate each and every one of you.

Having said that. I now move on to my main reason for posting. I was intrigued to learn earlier today that the Church and Beehive Clothing have announced changes in the availability of certain styyles of temple garments, (which enemies of the Church have sometimes referred to with the tongue-in-cheek expression "magic underwear"). For all the details, click here. Thanks again for your readership, support, and interest, and thanks especially for all the wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.