Stokes Sounds Off: Scaffolding Returns to Concepcion Chile Temple

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Scaffolding Returns to Concepcion Chile Temple

Hello again, everyone! Having passed along earlier today those resources regarding the open house for the Jordan River Utah Temple, I also wanted to post and pass along some information that has been reported for the Concepcion Chile Temple. Up until now, there has been a lantern in the temple that was without a window, an uncovered cupola, and only a placeholder instead of the angel Moroni.

All of that will soon change. Scaffolding has gone up for the steeple and cupola, and if current plans hold, the remainder of this week will see progress made on all that has, up to now, been left undone. It is exciting to think of the developments that may soon occur as this temple gets ever closer to its dedication, which is, as previously noted, set for about 7.5 months from now.

You can rest assured I will be monitoring all temple-related developments and will be passing those along to you as I learn of them. That does it for this post. Any and all comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish each one of you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.

2 comments:

  1. I can definitely say amen to that, Eduardo. The Lord seems to be very much aware of the Church in all parts of the world, and that has been especially true of Chile. While I have always had a genuine love for all Church growth and developments, I have had a special place in my heart for Chile, not so much because I ever have been or ever will be in a position to visit there, but rather because Elder Holland (who is likely my favorite among the current apostles, since I always relate to the topics he covers every six months in his General Conference talks) filled a two-year assignment as the president of the area in that nation for a two-year term beginning in 2002. The growth in Chile since that time has been particularly significant since the October 2009 announcement of this temple in Concepcion, and even more so since its' groundbreaking almost exactly six years after that. Because that growth has been so extensive within that time, I am absolutely convinced that it won't be too much longer before another temple is needed for that nation, and Antofagasta has emerged from my research as the most likely option for that honor. As with everything else, I continue to keep an eye on this nation for news and updates, especially those related to current or future temples, which I will be sure to pass along as I receive them. Thanks again for your comment, Eduardo. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.