Stokes Sounds Off: Upcoming Topics That Will Be Covered On This Blog In the Near Future

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Upcoming Topics That Will Be Covered On This Blog In the Near Future

Hello again, everyone! I wanted to post right now with a preview of some topics I will be covering over the next several months on this blog. I will not be offering a potential timeline for when those topics will be covered, since the best-laid plans are often altered.

It goes without saying that I will continue to provide Church and temple news as I become aware of such reports. Additionally, I have plans in place to post at least once every month or two with an update on the latest apostolic statistics, which I feel is very important information.

The jury is still out on how extensively I will cover potential temple possibilities in the near future. With the success I saw in doing so previously, it is an attractive prospect and a very worthy subject that has wide interest. But the form and extent to which such coverage will occur largely depends on the amount of time I can devote to such posts and the future availability of information that would mold the information I share in that regard.

I will, of course, also be looking forward to passing along my predictions for each General Conference, including the potential speaking order, changes in Church leadership, and temple prospects. I also fully intend to continue to provide birthday tributes to our apostles on this blog as well.

There are likewise several projects I have in my personal files at the moment in various stages of completion which may also be the subject of future posts on this blog. And I am certain we will continue to see some breaking news developments, whether those are related to the ministry of our apostles, the death of a Church leader, or any major policy announcements.

I have previously shared my opinion that news and updates related to the day-to-day spreading of the gospel are being reported on a larger scale, to a much greater extent, and with much increased regularity. So I have no doubt that we will likely see many developments that deserve extensive coverage.

As I mentioned earlier in this post, I cannot put a time-frame or expected frequency on how and when these posts will be published here. But I can promise to continue to bring you the latest developments as I receive word of them. And in that regard, I wanted to note that Elder Patrick Kearon of the Presidency of the Seventy spoke last night at a Worldwide Devotional for Young Adults. Mormon Newsroom shared this report of the remarks he made, in which he urged millennials to "rise out of [and above] themselves."

That is a timely message. As I have observed a few times before, the one downside of modern technology is that so many who utilize it extensively do not take time for human interactions, or to focus on the more important things. The Church has for years urged all of us to maintain the important connections in our lives with family, friends, and others through personal communication.

One reason I imagine that the Church retired home and visiting teaching and has replaced it with ministering, which is intended to be more governed by general principles and adaptations as the Spirit directs. That accomplishes two things: it places more accountability on the ministering brothers and sisters for figuring out how best to minister to every individual to whom they are assigned to minister, and it encourages some form of personal contact, no matter what form that contact takes.

So we can see that Elder Kearon's message continues a theme that has been prevalent since the ministering announcement, that all of us can, should, and must do more to minister to those around us and to take time to put aside things that might drown out the voice of the Spirit. A timely message indeed.

I am committed to continuing to monitor all Church and temple news, and to bringing those updates to you all soon after learning of them. Whatever that might involve, you can count on it. That does it for this post. Any and all comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish each one of you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.