Stokes Sounds Off: BREAKING NEWS: First Presidency Announces 2019 Area Leadership Assignments; Consolidation of North American Areas

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Friday, April 26, 2019

BREAKING NEWS: First Presidency Announces 2019 Area Leadership Assignments; Consolidation of North American Areas

Hello again, everyone! The Church News just reported that the First Presidency has announced  area leadership assignments for 2019, which will be effective August 1 of this year. The major changes this year are that the Idaho and North America Central Area will be merged to become a single North America Central Area, that the North America Northwest and North America West Areas will be merged to become the North America West Area, and the Utah North, Utah Salt Lake City, and Utah South Areas areas will become a singular Utah Area.

With that noted, I wanted to note that, since the area seventies serving in Idaho have belonged to the Fifth Quorum of the Seventy, while those serving in the North America Central Area have been assigned to the Sixth Quorum of the Seventy. Since those areas will be merged, I am not sure how the composition of those two  Area Seventies Quorums may have changed based on these adjustments. At the moment, the area seventies page on the Church's official website only lists the areas which comprised the membership of each Quorum as of earlier this year. 

For some reason, the list of the members of each Qoorum has been removed. I am asssuming that is just temporary while the list is updated following the changes which were announced earlier this month in General Conference. Having noted that, I wanted to also mention that I am in the process of analyzing the newly-announced assignments and will have that posted later today. 

That does it for this post. Any and all comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated, on any post at any time. Thank you for the privilege of your time. If you enjoyed what you read here and would like to stay informed of newly-added content, please feel free to subscribe. Until my next post, I wish each one of you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.

3 comments:

  1. Hello again, everyone! I am still hard at work on my analysis of the newly-announced area leadership assignments, but I have another interesting note in that respect: For the last several years, the Middle East/Africa North Area of the Church has been administered from Church headquarters by two General Authority Seventies, and the terms "Senior Administrator" and "Junior Administrator" were employed in reference to them. As part of this year's changes, while the Middle East/Africa North are will continue to be administered from Church headquarters, but will be overseen by a presidency of 3.

    It is also worth noting that, among the newly-called area presidencies are two area seventies. Alexey V. Samaykin continues to serve as Second Counselor in the Europe East Area Presidency, and the First Presidency has called Jeffrey H. Singer, the only area seventy currently living in the Middle East/Africa North Area as Second Counselor in the presidency of that area.

    Again, I will have more analysis on these newly-announced assignments later this evening. In the meantime, my thanks once again to you all for your ongoing interest and support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again, James. Not entirely related to this post. Just a quick reminder for your temple updates. If you have seen this article published previously in the Deseret News site.

    https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900066594/church-hopes-to-complete-tooele-valley-temple-during-salt-lake-temple-construction.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by, Chris. I appreciate hearing from you. I have read the article in question, and have shared some commentary on it in prior posts. That said, I just completed a thorough going-over of the sources I had available for temple information. While I certainly hope that the Church will be able to begin construction on the Tooele Valley Utah Temple and have it dedicated before the Salt Lake Temple rededication occurs, at the moment, there has not yet been anything of which I am aware which would indicate that the site for that temple has been selected. Oncem a site is officially confirmed, I am sure we will have a better idea in terms of how soon things might happen for that temple. Until that occurs, I have had to weigh what I know against what I don't for every temple. And in that respect, I'd refer you to the following web address for my more thorough analysis regarding temple progress:

    http://stokessoundsoff.blogspot.com/2019_04_25_archive.html

    If what I have heard is anywhere near correct, then the 8 temples for which the Church will have broken ground in the first half of 2019 is anticipated to be overshadowed by the number of temples which will have a groundbreaking in the second half of 2019. At the moment, I am still anticipating that at least one other temple event (a dedication, rededication, or groundbreaking) will be announced before the end of June, but that will depend largely on how quickly things develop on one or two fronts.

    In the meantime, hope this information (and my analysis of anticipated timing for temple events) is helpful to you, and thanks for taking time to comment and for sharing that article again here. It will be an important development to keep in mind going forward for sure. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.