Hello again, everyone! This morning, the First Presidency officially confirmed that President D. Todd Christofferson, Second Counselor in the First Presidency, will preside at this Sunday's rededication of the San Diego California Temple. The dedicatory session is to take place at 11:00 AM PDT (10:00 AM here in Utah), with a rebroadcast at 2:00 PM.
It makes sense that the First Presidency would send out President Christofferson for this temple dedication. He is currently the youngest and healthiest member of the First Presidency, and I believe he has some personal ties to the San Diego area. This information has been added to my document showing current apostolic temple dedications and rededications during President Oaks' prophetic tenure.
I am assuming there was no new temple construction news yesterday due to the temple groundbreaking on Saturday and the two temple dedications on Sunday. I am hopeful it was only a one-week hiatus on such news, but we will have to see. As I have noted, there are two temples (Smithfield Utah and Pago Pago American Samoa) that are only awaiting the announcement of their respective opening arrangements, and there are multiple temples for which, due to semirecent status updates, are likely to have a groundbreaking. So I hope we resume regular weekly temple construction announcements next Monday.
I am grateful for today's update, and for the chance to share that news with you today. I invite you all to stay tuned here for my coverage of the latest updates from the Church News, Newsroom, and Church of Jesus Christ Temples sites. I’ll be sure to pass word of those along to you all as soon as I learn about them. In the meantime, that does it for now. All comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated on any post at any time, as long as all such feedback is made per the established guidelines.
I hope any of you who would like to share anything will take your opportunity to “sound off” in the comments below. If you liked what you read here and would like to stay informed of newly added posts and comments, please subscribe to receive the applicable updates. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.
Not that it matters if this is true or not, but my guess is Pres. Oaks preferred to go to Brazil than San Diego between the two, and they held off announcing both so Pres. Christofferson and Pres. Oaks could switch assignments if that worked better for Pres. Oaks in the end.
ReplyDelete