Stokes Sounds Off: Additional Temple Progress

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Additional Temple Progress

Hello again, everyone! Today was a prime example of how things can change in terms of reported temple progress in a matter of a few short hours. In doing my second check of sources available to me on the subject of temple construction progress, I found the following additional updates:

In Rome Italy, scaffolding has been removed from the towers of the temple, and interior work is underway. After not having any progress reported on this temple for so long, this is tremendous  news. There is still not sufficient reason (in my opinion) to assume that Rome will be completed by the end of 2018, but I could see that temple being dedicated in the very early months of 2019, as I already observed.

In Durban South Africa, roof decking has been attached to the trusses, signalling a major milestone in that temple's progress. The one question in my mind is what the sequence of events might wind up being for early 2019, with the dedication of at least three temples anticipated, along with the rededication of at least three others. It will be interesting to see how that shapes out.

And in Fortaleza Brazil, roof trusses are being set. It still seems likely that the dedication of this temple will not happen until mid-to-late 2019. But the construction efforts on this temple have stayed on track, so I cannot rule out the possibility that that event could happen sooner, all going well.

As with everything else I pass along on this blog, you can depend on my keeping an eye out for continued developments in the process of construction, and on my passing those along as soon as I am able to do so after learning about them.

That does it for this post. Any comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish each one of you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in all that you do.

2 comments:

  1. Just to clarify, we are seeing roof trusses being set on the meetinghouse next to the Fortaleza Brazil Temple. The temple itself hasn't seen much change over the past couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that clarification, Rick! I had read that incorrectly and thus reported it inaccurately. I have fixed it on my report. As I have previously mentioned, sometimes I post here on my blog without double-checking for accuracy, and I have always appreciated how willing my readers are to point out such errors on my part. Ordinarily, I would go back after such correction and fix the post, but I will let my mistakes stand as evidence of just how imperfect I am. Thanks again, Rick!

      Delete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.