Stokes Sounds Off: Significant Progress Reported on the Arequipa Peru Temple

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Significant Progress Reported on the Arequipa Peru Temple

Hello again, everyone! Hope you are well. In checking, as I always do, for any progress on temples worldwide, I learned that the construction of the Arequipa Peru Temple has reached a new wonderful milestone. The concrete exterior walls of the temple are completely finished, and the tower crane has been removed. It was great to hear about all of that, because it demonstrates to me that this temple could easily be completed before the end of 2019. That said, I did want to note that, while this is a great milestone for this temple, there are other projects planned for the complex of which this temple is only one of a few parts. As far as I can tell, none of the other projects have been started as of yet. But I am keeping an eye on all  of this and will pass along any new information as I become aware of it.

That does it for this post. Any comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish each one of you all the best, especially for an inspiring Sabbath Day, and pray that the Lord will bless you all in all that you do.

2 comments:

  1. The exterior walls are also completed for the on-site housing facility. It is wonderful to see this project progressing so well. It will be a beautiful addition to the city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome, Rick! Thanks for sharing that information. I can definitely see why the general consensus from all my sources is overwhelmingly that this temple will be completed and dedicated prior to the end of 2019. Based on what we now know, it looks like 2019 is shaping up to be a big year for temple-related events, and that is without knowing how many temples that could have a groundbreaking in the next 6-8 months might also be finished sometime in 2019. I love the fact that there are so many sources for temple-related news and developments. And as I have noted before on this very blog, it is amazing to me that so many things can change and so much additional progress can be reported in a matter of a few hours. As I have also previously stated, if the last couple of weeks are any indication, we will likely see even more monumental milestones in temple progress during the final 1.75 months or so that remain in 2017. Thanks for your comment Rick. I always appreciate hearing from you.

      Delete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.