Stokes Sounds Off: Additional Progress Noted for the Kinshasa DR Congo Temple

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Additional Progress Noted for the Kinshasa DR Congo Temple

Hello again, everyone! In the early hours of April 12, I am back to unexpectedly report on progress that has been noted on the Kinshasa DR Congo Temple. I say it is unexpected primarily because I just posted a few short hours ago my revised estimates for future temple events. In that update, I had adjusted the time-frame in which that dedication might occur, pushing that estimate back to early-to-mid June 2019.

This was primarily because the Fortaleza Temple had, by comparison, progressed more consistently. With the updates I discovered a few hours ago for Kinshasa, I may again be changing my thinking. Those updates indicate that the exterior staircases have been poured for that temple, and that interior work continues to progress.

With that update in mind, there are a few questions to consider: Is this reported progress sufficient to warrant yet another change to the previously-offered estimates? If so, how might the reported progress affect those estimates for this and all other temple events? Could there be any additional delays for this temple, or will things go smoothly enough that it could be the next temple to have a dedication scheduled before any other events are?

I can answer all of these questions in the same way: I have no idea. The reported progress does give me hope that this temple is on track to be the next one dedicated. How soon we might hear of the next scheduled temple events is a question that is more difficult to answer. There are currently three temples (Frankfurt Germany, Oklahoma City Oklahoma, and Memphis Tennessee) that are anticipated to be rededicated and two new temples (Kinshasa DR Congo and Fortaleza Brazil) that are anticipated to have their dedications all within the same general time-frame (early-to-mid 2019, which I interpret as referring to anytime between the beginning of January and the end of June).

And there are so many unknowns regarding those five. We do know that the Fortaleza Brazil Temple was moved up on the list to where it now is prior to the end of last year, since new updates indicated that temple was ahead of schedule. But for the Kinshasa and Frankfurt Temples, their estimates have been moved around extensively. And although the Oklahoma City Oklahoma Temple closed around half a month after the Memphis Tennessee Temple, of the two, the Oklahoma City Temple seems to be progressing more rapidly and maybe even ahead of schedule.

So there is a lot to consider when suggesting general completion estimates for such projects, and it gets even more tricky to try and pinpoint a more specific time-frame for such events. At this point, the feeling I have on the estimates provided earlier today is to wait and see what else might develop. If any of these temples get ahead of schedule or fall behind what is currently anticipated, that will, of course, necessitate further adjustments.

For now, just know that I continue to keep an eye on all of these things and that, if I see a reason that necessitates further adjustments to those estimates, I will be sure to make them and post them here ASAP. That does it for this post. Any and all comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish each one of you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.