Stokes Sounds Off: Additional Updates Noted On Several Other Temples

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Monday, April 23, 2018

Additional Updates Noted On Several Other Temples

Hello again, everyone! Although it has been just about 3.5 hours since I posted the last temple updates I had, I have since learned of several other developments that I wanted to pass along as well. So let's get right into all of that.

We begin with the Fortaleza Brazil Temple. The last time I posted an update on that temple was on Saturday April 14, at which time I noted that the temple in that city was still having its' cladding being put up around its' exterior, while on the grounds, trees were being planted and walkways and staircases were being poured as well.

The newest update of which I have become aware indicates that cladding is nearing completion on the temple's exterior, while sod has been laid and trees have been planted in the oval garden feature. I have previously mentioned my feeling that this temple could be dedicated prior to the date when a dedication will occur for the temple in Kinshasa, which is an opinion I stand by.

Turning next to the Lisbon Portugal Temple, which, unless I have missed something, has not had a status update in the last 3-4 weeks or so, it would appear from an update today that a vapor barrier and cladding is going up around that temple's exterior, while the parking lot surface is being laid.

Doubling back now to Brazil, the new status update for the Rio de Janeiro Temple shows that waterproofing and a vapor barrier is being applied to the exterior walls of that temple. The last time I found an update for that temple was about a week and a half ago, on Saturday April 14. It is great to see progress being made after such a comparatively short time.

And I have one other update which has been noted, this one on the renovation process for the Frankfurt Germany Temple, where cladding is being reattached to its' exterior. As I have previously stated, it is awesome to consider that this temple, which, at the beginning of this year, was anticipated to be rededicated at some point this year, but which could not have a rededication pinpointed any more specifically than that. It may even have been earlier this month when we learned that its' completion was anticipated for the early or middle part of next year, and the fact that it has progressed substantially since that change clearly demonstrates the justification of that belief.

I continue to monitor all temple developments, and will, to the best of my ability, pass those along ASAP after I learn of them. That does it for this post. Any and all comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish each one of you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.