Stokes Sounds Off: BREAKING NEWS: 7 New Temples Announced

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Sunday, April 1, 2018

BREAKING NEWS: 7 New Temples Announced

Hello again, everyone! President Nelson made history again in the closing moments of General Conference by announcing 7 new temples for the following locations: Managua Nicaragua, Cagayan de Oro Philippines, Layton Utah, Bengaluru India, Salta Argentina, Richmond Virginia, and a yet-to-be named city in Russia. This brings the number of temples in any phase to 189. More information will be provided as I can get hold of it.

In the meantime, I wanted to note that 3 of those 7 locations were exactly noted on my list (Managua, Layton and Richmond), and I had also mentioned that other temples were likely to be announced in the Philippines and Argentina (though I had prioritized Neuquen and Davao above Cagayan de Oro and Salta), and I had mentioned the possibility of future temples in India and Russia, although the timing had not seemed right to me for either in the immediate future. But I am glad that we have these new temples announced.

It is also worth noting that President Nelson had publicly proposed a temple for Managua, and that land has been set aside for one for a while now, so it is fitting that he as Church president has made good on his own apostolic proposal.

That does it for this post. Any and all comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish each one of you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.

6 comments:

  1. It looks like ldschurchtemples site is gone. It automatically redirects me to mormonnewsroom and gives a warning of malicious content

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting the same response on my end, but without the warning. I have a strong feeling it is not gone for good, but that it was merely taken down for the moment while work is done to add the locations President Nelson announced today. I will check on it periodically myself, and hope you will do the same and let me know if problems persist.

      Delete
    2. As I thought, the site is up again now, with the notice of the seven new temples having been added, so it was probably easier to take it down for a few minutes to do the updates than it was to try and do the updates while people were trying to visit the site. Hope that helps.

      Delete
    3. Spoke too soon. It is down again. But the fact that I caught it accessible just a bit ago indicates that the site is being shut down while the updates are being made. Once that process is finished, it will be up again.

      Delete
    4. The site has been intermittently down for the last hour since I posted the comment above. As noted, this appears to be more due to the need to create and update all the relevant pages, for which process it may be easier to make the site inaccessible while it is updated than it would be to keep the site up and make edits while many people are trying to visit it. I have some additional observations about General Conference (and, more specifically, the announced temples and how they might impact the timing and number of temple announcements going forward), which I will share in a new blog post in just a few minutes. Thanks again to you all.

      Delete
    5. The site, along with an updated announcement section featuring links to pages for all seven of the new temples, has been placed back online, and is now again available for your perusal. Hope this helps. Thanks.

      Delete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.