Stokes Sounds Off: Miscellaneous Church & Temple News Reported

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Friday, July 13, 2018

Miscellaneous Church & Temple News Reported

Hello again, everyone! This post will serve as a way to share some Church and temple news which has been reported today via various outlets. So let's get right into all of that. We begin with this Church News report on the address given by President M. Russell Ballard during the Seminar for New Mission Presidents. The Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles described 7 steps whereby the new mission leaders can get the ball rolling in their ministry. He drew on extensive experiences that both he and his ancestors had in their ministries. The article is well worthy of your attention.

Next, a temple update. A new video posted on the LDS Church Temples Facebook page shows progress that has been made on the construction of the Lisbon Portugal Temple, where progress is being made on the interior framework. As far as I know, the last general estimate offered for this temple's completion (mid-2019) has not changed. With that in mind, this temple could be dedicated anytime between August and October next year, but perhaps in the earlier part of that estimate.

We conclude with some additional apostolic news. A new video has been posted which features junior apostle Elder Ulisses Soares discussing the need for kindness and acceptance. And the Church has also announced a regional Face-to-Face event originating from the Philippines for youth in Asia. Elder Gary E. Stevenson and his wife Lesa will be the featured Church leaders at this event, which you can read more about here. Interestingly enough, this event is set to be held on August 11, 5 days after Elder Stevenson's 63rd birthday.

I continue to monitor all Church and temple news and developments, and will do my level best to bring word of those to you as I become aware of them. That does it for this post. If you liked what you read here and would like to stay informed of new content, please feel free to subscribe. Any and all comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish each one of you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.

6 comments:

  1. My thanks for your thanks, Chris. In the midst of my ongoing health challenges that have continued to hamper my ability to get things done on a day-to-day basis, I have felt incredibly blessed to be able to pass such developments along to you and all my other readers ASAP after learning of them. And the additional dialogue that has occurred on this blog in recent days has been a clear indicator that my analysis of these developments has been helpful to many, of which I am appreciative. Thanks again for taking time to comment, Chris. It is always a pleasure to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what the projections for temples are right now? Besides the announced dedications, what are the estimates for other future completion dates? Any guesses on future groundbreakings? I know that ground clearing is happening in Urdaneta. Other than that the only progress I see is the architectural rendering has been released for Bankok. Any idea if the temple inin Urdane will have an informal or no groundbreaking ceremony such as happened with the Paris France temple and I think one other temple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Chris! Thanks for your additional comment here. I will do a new blog post in a few minutes to address the questions you asked. Stay tuned for that, and thanks again for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I apologize, Chris. I just realized I didn't answer the last question you asked. As you said, in addition to Paris France, there was one other temple that did not have a groundbreaking, though I cannot recall which one that was either. In both cases (if memory serves), local opposition to those temples resulted in full-scale construction commencing without a groundbreaking. Insofar as I am aware, there are no such objections to that process happening for any of the currently announced temples, though there may be some issues which delay the temples in Russia and India. Other than that, AFAIK, no such problems exist for anywhere else.

    Additionally, the information I have indicates that groundbreaking ceremonies for both the Bangkok Thailand and Urdaneta Philippines Temples may soon be announced, so unless there is something going on of which I have not yet heard, it's a pretty sure bet that both of those temples, in addition to most or all of the other announced temples, will almost certainly have a groundbreaking. As I learn more on this, I will be sure to pass it along as well. Thanks again for taking time to comment.

    ReplyDelete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.