Stokes Sounds Off: Request for Comment: How Well Can You Navigate This Site on Your Device?

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Request for Comment: How Well Can You Navigate This Site on Your Device?

Hello again, everyone! While I do intend to make good on my promise to post later today or tomorrow to provide the updated version of my more specific estimates for known temple events in the near future, I have continued to also try as I can to see what I can do to optimize my blog layout, look, and feel, for the purpose of making it easier for all of you to navigate around this blog successfully on whichever device any of you might be using to access it.

For that reason, and in following the example of President Russell M. Nelson, who said during the April 2018 General Conference that "good inspiration is based upon good information", I wanted to put out this post to request comments from as many of you who feel you can share anything relating to how easy/difficult it is to navigate this site on whichever device you are using. Based on my analysis of the information given to me by each of you who would be willing to so contribute your thoughts, I will then do my level best to implement improvements to the look and feel of this blog as a result.

So, I open the commenting period now. Are there any problems you see on your devices with the layout of this blog, or the accessibility of the information found herein? Is there anything any of you feel I could do to optimize your experiences as those who read and comment on this blog? Are there any general or specific recommendations any of you have on how to make this blog more user-friendly? It is your turn to "sound off" in the comments below, with anything you would like to share in this regard.

I look forward to the feedback I will be receiving from many of you. The insights shared by my readers have become one of my most favorite things on this blog, and I could not carry out the coverage I have provided here without your interest, support, and feedback. If there is anything I can do to improve your experience here, please let me know.

That does it for this post. Any and all comments are, as always, welcome and appreciated, on any post at any time, as long as such comments are made in accordance with the established guidelines. Thank you for the privilege of your time. Until my next post, I wish each one of you all the best and pray that the Lord will bless you all in everything you do.

3 comments:

  1. Breaking missionary news was just reported on KSL at the top of the 6:00 PM newscast. Volunteers serving in Russia have been detained by the Russian government while investigation on allegations against them is underway. The two volunteers in question are in good spirits, are being well-fed and treated well, and the two in question were able to speak with their family members by phone earlier today. I don't have a link to that story yet, but will post it when I do. In the meantime, prayers for these two volunteers would be very appropriate at this time. My thanks again to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KSL just posted that story. The web address follows below. Thanks again, everyone!

    https://www.ksl.com/article/46505119/russian-police-detain-two-latter-day-saint-volunteers-in-novorossiyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again, everyone! I just wanted to clarify that I'd love to hear from any of you about how well you are able to navigate this site on your devices. If I don't get any feedback on this question, I may just assume that there are no issues whatsoever, if that's okay. But on the off-chance anyone has any issues in this regard, please be sure to let me know. my thanks again to you all for your ongoing interest and support.

    ReplyDelete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.