Stokes Sounds Off: Important Posts by Matthew Martinich

Search This Blog

Leaderboard

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Important Posts by Matthew Martinich

Matthew Martinich has done two significant posts on his blog in the last little while. This post is to draw attention to those monumental posts. As with any of Matt's posts that I make mention of on this blog, I would much prefer that any comments on these posts be made on the LDS Church Growth Blog at the addresses of the original posts featured below, instead of so commenting here.

That said, here's the details on these two posts. The Church has reestablished a stake in Liberia. What wonderful news! It is marvelous to see Church growth, and it is especially good to have heard of this reestablishment, especially as the stake was just disbanded about a year or two ago due to political unrest. The problems in Liberia must have cleared up enough to warrant reinstating that stake. Great news!

Matt's second recent significant post focused on the creation of new stakes in Brazil, Iowa, Nigeria and Thailand. In that same post, he reported the creation of new districts in the Ivory Coast, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. Click here to read that post.

With the report of new stakes created recently, the number of stakes either organized or yet to be organized this year now number 97. A mere 3 stakes need to be created to reach the 100 Matt has been projecting all along would be created by the end of this year. Stay tuned for all the latest updates.

As I stated during my first post made this morning, I had originally planned on doing four posts today. This post makes three. The remaining one was to be a Church news conglomeration. But because I feel so absolutely physically spent by all I have done since waking up for the day about 12 hours ago and by my attempts to recover from the after effects of the lumbar puncture, it will have to wait until I have gotten some sleep, perhaps twelve or so hours from now. Until I can do that post, I welcome your feedback on what I have done so far since my last updates, and I will do my best to read and (where applicable) respond to comments made on anything I have lately posted. Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Do you do side work while looking for full time employment?
    I used to do substitute teaching in between full time gigs.
    Missionary experiences would crop up sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of the nature of my health problems, I have not been able to focus on much else other than the absolute essentials. I am currently unable to do any volunteer work or jobs on the side. I have been focused solely on trying to figure out what is going on with me. Now that the most obvious problem has been eliminated, we can move on to try and get things figured out. Between the health problems that both my wife and I are having, it's all we can do at the moment to hold things together. I am still very much in recovery from the lumbar puncture I had done on the 1st. Given all that's going on with us, it hasn't left us much strength, energy, or resources to do much else other than try and get our health sorted on and live life as fully as we can. Other people have judged us wrongfully as leeches who like to mooch off the government, but with all we've got going on, our lives have not been "normal" for longer than we care to admit. We do what we can when we can, but at the moment, it's not much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The main problem lies in the fact that my wife and I both have health issues, whether properly diagnosed and attributed as such or not, that severely currently limits our ability to get out and do things, or even just do the everyday tasks that require our attention. I know for the most part what is wrong with me and I am taking steps to remedy our situation as I am able to do so. I do have one undiagnosed condition causing a variety of unpleasant symptoms. We are trying to get to the bottom of the situation. In the meantime, my sweet wife wore herself out entirely before I ever came into the picture by being the main caregiver for her MS-stricken mother since she was about 10. It was only after her mother died that we got together. For the first two years of our marriage, my wife willingly put her own well-being aside in favor of providing what we needed. It was only when she couldn't provide for us anymore on account of almost working herself to death that I even started to look for work. It took me over a year to find anyone that would take a chance on me. I was employed for about a year and a half before my health and the closure of the project I was assigned to at work led to my current unemployed status. I was foolish enough to always let my health get in the way of what should have been my number 1 priority: seeing that my wife was taken care of. She is always almost too forgiving of me. Despite my failing to be able to retain the one job I had, she has stood by me all this time. And because we are both struggling so much right now, neither of us is physically up to the task of providing. For the moment, we have no choice. But as soon as I can get my health squared away, I will be back working for us, whether outside the home with an office position or whether I am able to get my momentarily fledgling writing career underway. I hope that something can work out for us at some point. Right now, we feel so helpless. Thanks for your concern.

    ReplyDelete

In addition to my life-long love for the subjects which I cover in the posts of this blog, I have long held the belief that we can disagree without becoming disagreeable. Differences of opinion are natural, while being disagreeable in expressing those differences is not. And in that sense, I have no desire to close the door on anyone who earnestly desires to contribute to the ongoing dialogue on subjects covered in the posts on this blog.

At the same time, however, I recognize that we live in a time when incivility, discourtesy, unkindness, and even cyber-bullying has regrettably become part of online interactions. With that in mind, while anyone who wishes can comment on anything if they choose to do so, I hereby reserve the right to immediately delete any comments which are critical, unkind, lack civility, or promote prodcuts, services, and values contrary to either the Church, or to the rules of online etiquette.

I'd also like to remind all who comment here that I try to respond personally to each individual comment as I feel is appropriate. Such replies are not meant to end the conversation, but to acknowledge earnest feedback as it is submitted.

And in order to better preserve the spirit and pure intentions for which this blog was established, I also hereby request that anyone not commenting with a regular user name (particularly those whose comments appear under the "Unknown" or "Anonymous" monikers, give the rest of us a name to work with in addressing any replies. If such individuals do not wish to disclose their actual given names, a pseudonym or nickname would suffice.

Any comments made by individuals who opt to not give a name by which they can ber identified may, depending on the substance and tone of such comments, be subject to deletion as well. I would respectfully ask that all of us do all we can to keep the dialogue positive, polite, and without malice or ill-will. May the Lord bless us all in our discussion of these important matters.